PINK-LINK has adopted this Online Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate to you our commitment to privacy and to inform you of our policies for information collected on this website.
Confidentiality. When you visit the PINK-LINK website, our server automatically logs (records) domain name and standard information about the operating system and browser you are using, as provided by your browser. This automatically collected information is used for statistical purposes to help PINK-LINK manage our site, but it does not identify you in any way. We anonymously track site visits using normal Internet tracking tools to help manage our system and better serve our audience. This information is used for reporting purposes only and includes information such as: total number of visits, most visited sections, peak traffic times, browser versions, search terms used, and average duration of visit
PINK-LINK's server, or the servers of companies that we use to help us operate our website, may place a "cookie" on your computer. A "cookie" is data or information that can be sent by a web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow our computer to recognize your computer while you are on our website and help customize your online experience and make it more convenient for you. The information collected from cookies may also be used to improve the functionality of our website. In addition, we use Google Analytics which uses a cookie that collects anonymous traffic data.
We collect information about you only when you voluntarily disclose it to us. There are several ways you may volunteer personal information on the website. These include completing a survey, creating a shared personal journal, creating a wiki, sending an e-mail inquiry to us, being a mentor, or participating in online discussions. PINK-LINK may ask you to voluntarily provide us with information regarding your experience with cancer, personal or professional interests, demographics and contact preferences. PINK-LINK may use this information to contact you concerning mentoring cancer survivors or participating in cancer support activities promoted by us on this website, and to answer questions you submit to the website.
Your name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and other contact information are never disclosed by PINK-LINK to others without your prior consent. Once you choose to provide us personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your relationship with PINK-LINK. We will never sell, lease, rent or otherwise commercially exploit your personally identifiable information, to others. User names and passwords are used by PINK-LINK to protect your identity and personal identifiable information.
Certain areas of the PINK-LINK website enable you to access online message boards, create and access shared personal journals and wikis, and receive and send e-mails (the "Forums"), where you can participate in online communications. Such communications may occur in real time and are not edited, censored, or otherwise controlled by PINK-LINK. We cannot and do not screen content provided by you or other users. PINK-LINK does not endorse, and specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability for any content posted on the Forums, whether the topic is first selected by PINK-LINK or a user. The Forums are a free service provided to users of PINK-LINK. By posting a message in the Forums, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not want to be bound by these terms, then do not access or use the Forums.
By posting a message on a Forum, creating a shared personal journal or wikis, uploading a file, or engaging in any other form of communication through a Forum, you are granting PINK-LINK a perpetual, exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell any such messages, files or communications.
Rules of Conduct. You must abide by the following rules when accessing or using PINK-LINK, including any of the Forums:
- You agree not to use this website for any unlawful purpose.
- You agree not to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You agree not to knowingly or intentionally misrepresent your sex, a medical diagnosis you received, the nature or extent of any medical condition you may suffer from, or may have suffered from, or the nature, type or extent of any treatment you receive or may have received for such medical condition.
- You agree not to post messages that contain material that is inappropriate, unlawful, threatening, abusive, hateful, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, pornographic, or indecent.
- You agree not to violate the property rights of others, and you agree not to post any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- You agree not to upload files, or cause users to upload files, that contain viruses, worms, "Trojan horses", corrupted files, or any similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of another's computer.
- You agree not to advertise or promote any goods or services in any of the Forums. "Junk mail", "spamming", "chain letters, "pyramid schemes" and similar activities are strictly prohibited
- You agree not to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
- You agree not to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law in connection with the use of the Forums.
Data Security. To prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security, PINK-LINK has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online. Nevertheless, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network is completely or fully secure. Accordingly, PINK-LINK cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk and you assume the risk of disclosure thereof.
External Links. Our website may contain links to other websites controlled by third parties. While we try to link only to websites of reputable organizations, please be aware that PINK-LINK is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements provided by other websites before you provide personally identifiable information to them. We will endeavor to inform you when you are leaving our website.
Children's Privacy. This website is designed for use by persons aged 16 or older. We do not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children or anyone under the age of 16. Despite the foregoing, if PINK-LINK receives personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom we otherwise have reason to believe is, under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our systems.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PINK-LINK, its affiliates and partners, and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each from any claims, damages, losses, expenses or costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that arise out of your violation of the Website User Agreement or the Rules of Conduct contained in this Online Privacy Statement, any of your postings, and/or any material contained therein.
149 S. Barrington Ave. #734
Los Angeles, CA 90049-3310