Ning

Pink-Link Breast Cancer Support Network

Online Social Network for Breast Cancer Survivors

After being diagnosed with Stage 1 and 2 DCIS, I think that's right, I had a bilateral masectomy followed by seven weeks of radiation. I did not get the reconstruction due to concerns of follow up appointments. I guess the magical number is 5 from what I hear, but I don't know how true it is. It gets to the point where every ache makes me wonder now. Anyone else going through this and how are you dealing with it.

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Helga,

I'm sorry, I can't help you here, I'm not there yet. However, I find this site does not have much activity. A site that may be able to help you is BCSUPPORT.ORG These women are great and they are right on top of your questions. They are women who have BC just like us, some just starting out and a lot are into years of being cancer free. It's a nice variety. You may want to try there. I'm sure there is someone who can relate.

Wish you well. Take care of yourself.

Jane

Reply to This

Hi Jane, thank you for the info I'll check it out. Have a great weekend!

Jane Muccini said:
Hi Helga,

I'm sorry, I can't help you here, I'm not there yet. However, I find this site does not have much activity. A site that may be able to help you is BCSUPPORT.ORG These women are great and they are right on top of your questions. They are women who have BC just like us, some just starting out and a lot are into years of being cancer free. It's a nice variety. You may want to try there. I'm sure there is someone who can relate.

Wish you well. Take care of yourself.

Jane

Reply to This

I hope you're both doing well! I know this site doesn't have much activity, it's pretty new. Helga, how are you feeling?

Reply to This

Victoria, thank you for the response. I am doing well. I have a twin sister and she moved in with me when she divorced 10 years ago and she's my biggest supporter. We make every effort to make the most of life. I'm not sure of any follow up I'm supposed to be doing at this point but I'm sure my body would tell me. I guess the next milestone is ten years? I hope all is well with you and thank you again for you care! Helga

Victoria Tashman said:
I hope you're both doing well! I know this site doesn't have much activity, it's pretty new. Helga, how are you feeling?

Reply to This

Reply to This

RSS

About

Victoria Tashman Victoria Tashman created this Ning Network.
Create a Ning Network! »

© 2010   Created by Victoria Tashman on Ning.   Create a Ning Network!

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy  |  Terms of Service